Friday, April 24, 2009

Kickin' the Diaper Habit

So, Canon has been insinuating for a bit now that he is ready to start the big PT ..but I have resisted. Its not that fun :)

We started a bit last week, and even though he stayed dry for long periods of time we didnt actually GO potty at all. But he and Daddy had a potty breakthrough over the weekend while I was working and now we are smooth sailing ..with the occasional spring shower :)

Since the breakthrough all of it seems to be falling into place ..he can stay dry for all of his waking hours, and has even all but mastered "going stinky".  This, he thinks is the coolest thing ever. He finds it most hysterical that he can accomplish this feat and loves to try and talk ALL about it :)

What has been most funny has been Ty's participation. He has been a most willing teacher, explaining in great detail all that is needed to master this task. Day one of training, Ty took him in the bathroom and I heard the entire tutorial ..including a real life example when I heard some pottying happening :)

He has suggested that Canon "squeeze his legs" to help him "go stinky" telling him that "sometimes that helps." :) Funny how such sweet moments are so..sweet :)

What has cracked me up the most though, is how he doesnt want any of those little kid helps. He dont need not stinkin' potty chair or potty seat. Oh no. We wants to sit by himself on the potty.

He climbs up on the toilet and straddles it with his legs spread as far as they could possibly spread without something breaking. He looks like a monkey climbing up there and getting down.   But hey, it works :)

So, you can tell we are most proud of our little man ..as exemplified by his daddy's Facebook status on Monday :)

My little man is growing up..sniff sniff, and yay! :)

1 comment:

Caryn H said...

This is funny. Isaac goes every time he sits on the potty, so I guess I could try to train him soon. Especially since we could play outside and if he had an accident it would be okay...he loves the water hose. ;)
Your boys are too cute!