Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Tyism

So, our current movie of choice in the car (how did our parents raise us without a DVD player in the car I wonder every day?) is Bugs Life. Ty loves it, and was feeling talkative on the way home tonight from church.

He was commentating, giving his thoughts on the story line and his interpretation of what was happening. We discussed what the word "double" means, as the mean grasshopper told the poor little nice ants that they had to have "double" the original amount of food for the grasshoppers when they come back before the last leaf falls (trust me, its dramatic stuff).

As we kept watching (I was listening mind you, I dont watch any movies ..but I know every word and can sing every song in any Veggies Tales, Disney or Pixar movie ever created) the older ant tells the younger ant that "in this seed lies everything that is needed to create this oak tree..its just waiting to grow then viola!..it will become what it was meant to be all along."

Tree

In response to this my genius 4 year old child thoughtfully says, "well, I am big. I am really big. But I am still just a seed, I am not a tree yet."

Am I crazy, or is he just a bit  too young to be expected to get metaphors?

I stand corrected, and call me crazy.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

First....amazing! I love his "isms" and am so glad you share them!
Second, I have to say that I love your picture choice of the Tree of Life. Yes...I know my Disney too!
love,
Brandi

melanie said...

court...this post made me nervous...I saw the tree pic and thought it was the 'tree of life' at animal kingdom and then almost teared up that you came that close to me in orlando and never called. BUT then I read it...whew...that was a close one.

btw...ty is a smart cookie.

Courtney said...

Aw Mel..I would NEVER do such a thing! :) You better believe that when we get that close..you will be not only called, but will most likely be getting overnight company ;)

Love ya!