Monday, April 28, 2008

Greene Babies Celebration!

This was more than a "baby shower" ..this was a celebration for how God has blessed us more abundantly that we could ask or imagine!

True, that God has given our sweet friends Ben and Brandi Greene what they have been asking for for more than 5 years..but because they have shared their struggles and allowed us to pray for this blessing on them..these babies belong to all of us!

And man are we taking ownership! :)

Which will help them in the end, cause when God answered prayers he did it BIG TIME!

"We" are expecting twin boys in 7 weeks..we are so excited!

Here are some shots from the day, for those of you who were here in spirit if not in body:

Speaking of..Mary, per your request:

IMG_6335mary with us 

Our theme was "How to Grow Boys" ..we used pictures of alot of the boys we know, and got advice from the mommies of those boys on how to "grow them"

 IMG_6249  table deco3

IMG_6253 table deco

Also, we used the garden theme to send home some little sentimental memories with Brandi and Ben

pray pad2 praying pad

Tracy pondering what silly games she was gonna subject us to

contemplating games

She said she was gonna weigh everyone and then who ever weighed more than Brandi and the boys WON.

mc tracy

Stacey spoke for all of us when she refused to cooperate..

 uncooperative stacey

We weighed our purses instead. Cortney was shocked she won.

cortney shock

Then Tracy made everyone take a "Smell the Diaper Test" ..let me just absolve myself from any responsibility right now.

smelly game IMG_6334

THEN, we had a "Pass the Paci" game..here is Kelly showing off her..paci.

kelly nipple

And we decorated onesies for the boys

  onesies deco5IMG_6322

onesies deco IMG_6320 IMG_6332

We had some special guests... Ben's Mom (Grammy) and his grandmother

grammy IMG_6330

We made a joke or two...Brandi said she has been getting quite a few little jokes regarding what they should name the boys. With a last name like "Greene" you can imagine...

hunter

 forest

The best part, was when we gave Brandi her gifts. With help from lots of people who love them, we collected over $575 and were able to purchase both their car seats, a lot of diapers and wipes, and another big ticket essential ...her tears were thanks enough :)  (BTW..we gotta do something about that wallpaper..yikes!)

 IMG_6337IMG_6336perfect tears 

A few more shots...

mc tracy 2 caryn IMG_6333 brandi belly ashley earl

We love you Brandi and Ben..and boys! Thanks for letting us share this joy with you!

8 comments:

Brandi said...

A+!!! The word "celebration" is quite perfect because celebrate we did! The most wonderful friends...some of whom were there in spirit but there just the same, excellent food, beyond generous gifts, even more beyond generous gifts from the heart, laughter, hugs, tears, smiles, anticipation of the nearing event and so much love it's still overflowing. I'm still smiling three days later. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It just doesn't say enough.
oh...and great pictures Courtney...really, I'm serious. Even the ones with me in them aren't half bad! Love you and all of our wonderful friends. I'm so glad we got to share this with you!!!

Mary J said...

YAY!!! I am so glad is was wonderful! She so totally derserves it!! Everything looked sooooooo cute!

Greg said...

I hate that I had to miss this! It looks like everyone had a great time, and even though I don't know Ben and Brandi very well, I am so excited for them!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there, too, but we were celebrating Jonah's 2nd birthday in a special way...with some family he'd never met from his birth father's side.

I can't wait for the boys!!!

hiflyin_lady said...

So wish I could have participated as well but awesome job to all you gals who contributed. Wonderful pics! Miss you all and hope I can see you in July for the reunion.
Krista

Kimberly said...

court- this looks FAB!! what a good job!! i am impressed by yoru creativity!

bekster said...

I also wish I could have come... I was with Ann celebrating Jonah's birthday, but I hated to miss the shower...

Caryn H said...

This was the most fun baby shower! Thanks for posting the pictures. And thanks to Mary J. for the fun onesie-puff-paint-activity, loved it! They Greene boys have enough to last at least a couple of days. :)